Newsletter: Vol. 7, No. 3; Fall 2004
- Classification of the Pennsylvania Barn, By Robert F. Ensminger
- Price includes postage and handling.
25 in stock
Classification of the Pennsylvania Barn, By Robert F. Ensminger
Detailed three page article on the history of Pennsylvania barns in a core area that covers an oblong region extending from the Delaware River across and into Maryland. Subtopics are:
- The evolution of the Pennsylvania Bank Barn
- Classes of the Pennsylvania Barn Defined
- Class I, the Sweitzer Pennsylvania Barn 1730-1850
- Class II, The Standard Pennsylvania Barn 1790-1890
- Class III The extended Pennsylvania Barn 1790-1920
Includes an insert with diagrams of floor plans for different versions of the bank barn.